Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Jul 7, 2012

7 July - Quotidian Quotations

Lately, a number of people have asked me questions about the Bible and money. Things like: Is it OK to be rich? How much money makes you rich? What does God think about money?

It's a tough topic that we all need to wrestle with - and not just once, but all throughout life, as our circumstances, income and maturity level all keep changing.

Here are some wise words that I just came across today, on God and money:

" (G)give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread. 
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God."

- from the Bible, Proverbs 30:8-9 

May we take this wisdom to heart - and to our wallets as well.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment