Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Jul 31, 2012

31 July - Quotidian Quotations

Today I came across a very interesting quote:

 "A man of superior talent...will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place."
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, composer

I do empathize with this one, as I've enjoyed living in different places all across Canada. I tend to get antsy if I've been in one place for a few years, and no matter what, I need to travel every few months to maintain my perspective on life.

But I'm not sure that what the quote says is really true after all. Perhaps all it does it betray a lack of imagination in the one who thinks this way?

Although that may be too harsh - on the author, and on myself as well. Perhaps some of us just need to move around from time to time, or at least travel extensively, because that's the way God has made our personalities. We require the reminder that God's world is vast. Rather than scaring us, the concept fascinates and animates us, reminding us how big and good and trustworthy God himself is.

I'd be interested to hear what others think of all this. Meanwhile, wherever you are today - coming, going, or staying put - in the words of Carolyn Arends, may you "go with God."

- J


No comments:

Post a Comment