Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Apr 16, 2012

Quotidian Quotations - April 16, 2012

www.barbarabrowntaylor.com
While re-reading Leaving Church, the alternately delightful and painful faith memoir of one of my favourite preachers, Episcopalian priest Barbara Brown Taylor, I came across this profound quote:

 "My vocation was to love God and my neighbor, and that was something I could do anywhere, with anyone, with or without a collar. My priesthood was not what I did but who I was. In this new light, nothing was wasted. All that had gone before was blessing, and all yet to come was more."

May each of us live in this priestly calling that God offers to all Christians, where we are invited to bring ourselves, others and everything else in life - religious and not obviously so - to God, then take his blessing and challenge back to the same, everyday world we've just offered up to him. And may we experience the freeing confidence, that all the particularities of our past, present and future are held for us in God's gracious hands. - Julie

P.S. This will be our last Quotidian Quotation for awhile, as we are on holiday for the next weeks. See you when we return!


No comments:

Post a Comment