Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

May 12, 2010

Drumheller Day - by Julie

While my parents were visiting us here in the Wild West earlier this month, I took them on their first trip over to Calgary, Alberta (1000 km / 600 miles west of Hudson Bay). En route, we stopped in Drumheller, one of my favourite towns in Canada, for its uniquely beautiful location in the semi-arid badlands and its dinosaur connections. (The Drumheller photo to the left was taken by my mum.)

Drumheller is the home of the Royal Tyrrell Museum, which boasts one of the finest collections of dinosaur skeletons in the world. We didn't stop there this time, but the museum is well worth a day all by itself.

What we did do was stop to see the world's largest dinosaur - check out how big this Tyrannosaurus Rex is! (That's my mum and me, waving from the toes.) This giant dino is 26 m (86 ft) high, about 4 times the size of a real T-Rex. (Thanks to Dad for the photo.)

This T-Rex was hungry, too...take a look at how she crept up on my parents! But they escaped, and we sped off to Calgary.

I'll leave you with the Flintstones theme song, since it seems so appropriate:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds like an amazing trip!! I absolutely love the picture of your parents with the hungry T Rex in the background! Your parents seem like a fun couple!
    I hope you are having a wonderful day & I hope to hear from you soon!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete