Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Welcome to Plaid Eggnog!

Jun 4, 2012

4 June - Quotidian Quotations

"I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also."

- written from Paul to young Timothy, his son and colleague in service to God.

This resonates with me; maybe it does with you also. Like Timothy, I learned from the faith of my grandparents and parents.

Gramp and Gram Golding showed me the importance of sticking to good teaching - and yet being absolutely kind and forgiving, and going all out for those who defy or reject God's way.

Grampie Reg and Nannie Hughena showed me the necessity of being committed to a worshipping community, whether quietly (like Grampie) or by being involved in many activities (like Nannie).

My parents, Gary and Nancy, taught me how to be generous even when others consider you poor, and to stay with God even during hard times.

And all these people taught me how to love, each in their own particular way, on an everyday basis.

Who were your "ancestors" in the faith, whether related by blood or not? Why not thank God for them today - and, if possible, let them know how much their faith training and example means to you?

Gratefully,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment